Orbi Voice Model RBS40V How To :
How to Sync Your Netgear Orbi Voice Using the NETGEAR Orbi App For Android & Apple -
- You can use the NETGEAR Orbi app to sync your Orbi Voice with your Orbi router and enable Amazon Alexa on your Orbi Voice.
- To download the app, visit Orbi-app.com. To sync your Orbi Voice using the NETGEAR Orbi app:
- Launch the NETGEAR Orbi app. The dashboard displays.
- Tap the Home icon > ADD SATELLITE. Follow the prompts to sync your Orbi Voice and add Amazon Alexa
To sync your Netgear Orbi Voice using the router WiFi router interface -
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Netgear Orbi network.
2. Enter orbilogin.com. A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
4. Select Add Netgear Orbi Satellite.
5. Follow the prompts to sync your satellite.
To add Amazon Alexa to your Ntgr Orbi Voice using the NETGEAR Orbi app:
- Launch the NETGEAR Orbi app. The dashboard displays.
- Tap the Orbi router image on the dashboard. The Network Map displays.
- Tap your Orbi Voice Information about your Orbi Voice displays.
- Tap CONTROLS.
- Tap the Log in with Amazon button.
Follow the prompts to add Amazon Alexa
Sync an Add-On Satellite
If you already set up an Orbi router and satellite are adding an optional add-on satellite (sold separately), follow these steps. To sync your add-on satellite:
1. Place your satellite.for Multiple Satellite.
2. Connect the satellite to a power source.
3. If the Power LED on the back of the satellite does not light, press the Power On/Off button.
4. Wait about two minutes for the satellite ring LED to light solid white.
5. Press the Sync button on the back of the satellite and within two minutes, press the Sync button on the back of your Orbi router.
The satellite ring LED pulses white, then lights one of the following colors for about three minutes, and then turns off:
• Blue. The Orbi router and satellite successfully synced, and the connection between the router and satellite is good.
• Amber. The Orbi router and satellite successfully synced, and the connection between the router and satellite is fair. Consider moving the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router.
• Magenta. The Orbi router and satellite failed to sync. Move the satellite closer to the router and try again.
How to Reset Netgear Orbi Satellite RBK50
Resetting your Netgear Orbi Satellite to factory default erases personalised settings, such as your network name (SSID) and password.
To reset your Orbi WiFi system:
- Make sure your Orbi device is powered on.
- Using a paper clip or similar object, press and hold the Reset button until the Power LED on your Netgear Orbi WiFi System blinks amber.
Note: If you’re resetting a wall plug satellite, the ring LED blinks amber.
Your Orbi device is reset.
Update the Netgear Orbi Voice Firmware :
Check for Firmware Updates To check for new firmware and update your Netgear Orbi Voice:
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Netgear Orbi network.
- Enter orbilogin.com. A login window opens.
- Enter the router admin user name and password. The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time that you logged in.
- The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update.
Orbi router not connecting to the Internet
Facing internet connection issues is the common is that is faced by most of the users. It's not that there is a problem in the manufacturing of your device but there are certain loopholes in our settings and connection that we get such troubling issues. No need to get worried about it, you have to follow our detailed solutions for this.
If there is no internet connection then you cannot access the orbilogin.com or the Orbi App. Your Netgear Orbi must be connected to the power supplying electricity panel of your house. Go through the status of the LEDs to check whether your devices are connected to the internet or not. If all the LEDs are growing well, then your devices are online and running through the internet.
In case, you are using the wired connection, then make sure that your entire devices have connected in a proper way with the LAN ports of your Netgear Orbi Router. If any of the devices is not connected properly, then simply connect them through the user ID and the password.
If the whole setup is okay, then there might be an issue inside the router. It can be struck with the virus or can have overloaded with the junks, caches, and malicious files. Reset the router to make your router fresh and light from the burden of these heaps of useless files.
The broadband or the cable modem that you are using should be thoroughly connected with each other. Fix these login issues and go ahead in your steps. The internet browser can also be one of the reasons for this issue. Update your internet browser to the latest version and go through the Orbi Router Login process again.
If the issue still prevails, then close all the running tabs, exit from the web browser, reboot, or restart your computer or the laptop. Then try to login again through a different device, PC, or laptop other than that you are using.
Power cycle your devices, the modem, router, and the computer. First, unplug and switch off the router, then modem, and then the computer. After 5 minutes plug in the router first, and turned it on, then plug the modem and turn it on. At last, connect your computer and turn it on.
Finally, update the firmware also. Firmware is the heartbeat of your device that you need to update regularly whenever the update outs by the company. It polishes the feature and the functioning capacity of your router. Firmware is the software on which the entire working of your Orbi router is based.
While logging try the smart setup wizard, anyone from the following or the IP address;
Try any one of the following IP address;
One of the most essential things that you keep in mind, these troubleshooting steps are not co-related with each other. It should not be performed in a sequence one after another. Each step should be processed separately. If a solution does not full fills your issue, then you should try next, then next, and so on.
Orbi WIFI system is a handy device for the users who love to have a single wifi device to run their entire devices without using any additional device, like an extender, or the router. Orbi WIFI mesh system allows the users to have one network name and password, so that they do not have to move in between networks while moving around their roofs, rooms, garage, and corridors. Netgear Orbi routers always shipped with the default password and login name, and IP address that should be replaced to ensure the safety of your WIFI network. However, it's very easy to replace your Orbi router default password, which is the most essential part to secure your network. The reason behind this issue that some of the users do not like modifying the passcodes with the fear to forget them, but as you continue reading this article, you will also learn you can recover the forgotten password and how to store it can be stored. So, you never forget it again in the future.
Using default password is a bad idea
Most of the users prefer to use the default password for the long run, mainly because a default password is easy to remember. The default password can also be retrieved very easily. But is not considered secure, because the default password and the username can be guessed by anyone. Hackers can easily hack or trace these default user IDs and passwords. Orbilogin.com or Orbilogin.net can be used to set your user ID, and password. If the users are always using random WIFI hotspots, for instance, as a guest at someone's house, but the idea to use the wifi network might not seem to be very terrible. The matter is not that someone is using your WIFI network to check your profile. But the worse thing is that cybercriminals could use this opportunity to have access to the devices to get connected to your WIFI router.
Cybercriminals can employ the devices to connect to the hacked network for the DDoS attacks, or they can use it for other types of malicious activities. You should not provide the hackers any chance to perform such types of activities. Cybersecurity experts can recommend the users to download any types of available patches or the firmware updates ideally, instantly after releasing the updates. As an extra precaution, you have to change the default password of your router, immediately after installing the router and performing the configurations.
How can we recover the forgotten Orbi password?
If you have already modified your "Orbi default Password" and have forgotten it, then you should follow these given steps:
- Launch the available web-browser from your device, and go to the official web site of my.netgear.com/registration/login.aspx
- Select the option that is given with the heading "Forgot your password?" to access and to "Reset your password" for the window login page.
- Submit the email address that you have used while creating your Orbi account. Do not use a different email address as it would not allow to access your account.
- Fill other details in the respective fields and click "RESET MY PASSWORD" option instantly.
- Go to the inbox of your email and open the link sent by the NETGEAR Support team to direct you to the password reset page.
- You will be redirected to the NETGEAR Change Your Password page, here you have to enter a new password and click "Submit" and you have successfully set your password.
Orbi satellite Setup| Orbi add Satellite
The very first priority is to place your Orbi satellites in opposite corners of your house, but it should be still within the range of your Orbi router. If you have multiple floors in your house, then place each Orbi satellites on different floors. Connect any one of your Orbi satellite to a power source or the socket board.
- The small power LED should blink green on the back of the Orbi satellite lights. If the Power LED does not flash green, then you need to press the Power On/Off button twice or thrice.
- The ring LED over the Orbi satellite should light up white meanwhile the satellite attempts to sync with your Orbi router and the Modem.
- When the Orbi satellite’s ring LED lights white, it should behave as one of the following colours for about two to three minutes and then it gets turn off:
- Blue means - The connection between the Orbi router and the Orbi satellite is good.
- Amber means - The connection between the Orbi router and your Orbi satellite is fair, but need to Consider moving the Orbi satellite closer to the Orbi router.
- Magenta means - The Orbi satellite is unable to connect to your Orbi router as it is getting poor signal from the router. Move the Orbi satellite a little closer to the Orbi router of your house.
Keep in Mind: - If the ring LED still flashes magenta after one or two minutes, then you have to press the Sync button available on the back of your Orbi router. Also, press the sync button on the back of the Orbi satellite. If your Orbi satellite successfully gets syncs with the Orbi router, the satellite’s ring LED lights white and becomes solid, and then it gets blue to indicate a good connection between your router and the satellite. After a while, the LED will turn off.
To add more satellite to your home WIFI network, you need to repeat these steps for each of the satellites, then you can connect the second Orbi satellite to the first Orbi satellite, and the third to the second, and so on.