Orbi RBK20 with RBS20
Since the launch of Orbi RBK 20 router and satellite, it is doing too well in the market. It helps to maximize your internet connection and reaches to the maximum area of your house and office. When we come to the features of the device, then it delivers “Industry-leading” AC2200 wifi that produces the speed up to 2.2 gigabit per second. As per the company statement “WiFi has become a part of our life and is our necessity for day to day life. Our aim is to provide a broader range of wifi solutions with the maximum internet speed.” If you search about the product, then you can see that is can cover homes up to 4,000 square feet and has a triband architecture. The RBK20 router and RBS20 satellite can be connected to the WIFI network using a 5GHz wireless connection. It also contains four high gain internal antennas. Now, Orbi is also touting FastLane3 technology which can give a dedicated WIFI backhaul for 4K HD streaming and gaming.
In the package Contents
- Orbi router [RBR20]
- Orbi satellite [RBS20]
- Two power adapters
- An Ethernet cables
Netgear Orbi setup using a web browser
- Unplug the modem and take out the back up batteries as well as the power line adapter form the electric outlet. After a while insert the batteries to the same compartment from where you have removed it. Plugin the powerline adapter also.
- Plug the modem back to the electric outlet. Now, you have to plug the power adapter of the router from, so that it can be connected to the power source near the modem.
- Take the included Ethernet cable and connect the modem to the router. Plugin the Ethernet cable to the WAN port of the router, and then take it up to the WAN port of the modem and insert it.
- To connect your Orbi wifi router to the existing gateway of orbilogin.net or www.orbilogin.com then you need to turn on the existing gateway of your wifi router. Turn on your Orbi WIFI router using the power button at its back panel.
- When the power LED is blinking and is turned on, then the colour of the power LED light should be solid green. If the power LED does not turn to solid green, then you have to press the power button again or reboot the router.
- now, wait for the ring LED on your ORBI router to turn solid white. Now the time is to place the satellite. Place the satellite near around the router, and plug it into the power board of your house.
- When the satellite will be placed at the correct location, then the ring LED on the satellite will turn solid blue or amber. In case it is magenta then, then you need to bring the satellite close to the router. Keep on changing the location of the satellite around the router until and unless you get the Blue LED light.
- Now you have to connect the computer or the mobile device to the router or satellite using the Ethernet cable or using a wireless WIFI connection. The Ethernet cable will be used to connect the computer to the router.
- A wifi connection will be used to connect the mobile device or the tablet to the router and the satellite, wirelessly. Open up the browser and enter the custom URL orbilogin.net into the search bar of the browser.
- Use the wifi password, network name to enter on the login window. Use the correct username and password to enter on the login page. Take it from the label or the back panel of the router or the satellite. This username and password are the default username and password of your router.
How to power cycle my Orbi network:
- Turn off the modem and unplug it from the power outlet of your home.
- Turn off the Orbi router using the power on/off button, and then unplug your router and satellite or wall plug satellite from the electric outlet.
- Plug your modem back to the power outlet using the power cable and turn it on.
- Wait for five minutes and let your modem restart. Do not remove the coaxial cable from the modem.
- Now, you need to plug your Orbi router and satellite with each other using the Ethernet cable and then plug it to the wall.
- Your Orbi devices take two to four minutes to restart properly. Then turn on the computer or the mobile device also
- Your network is power cycled now. You have to start the orbilogin.net login process again from the beginning.